Where are you from originally and how long have you lived in Kingwood?
- Originally, I am from Longview, TX. I have been in the Houston area for ~ 6 years and in the Kingwood area for 2. SO glad that we found our way up here finally!
Child(ren) and Age(s)?
- We have 1 son, Cayden James-Achille Mutombo that is 6 months old.
One thing people would be surprised to know about you…
- I think that my career choice always surprises people!
What is your go-to activity for yourself for pampering or for fun?
- I love to shop. I really need to find another hobby. Also, love reading.
Funniest shortcut/routine for helping you through parenthood?
- I really don’t have one. I have finally learned the wipe over the penis trick…lol. My son was a pro at peeing in his ear for a bit.
Are you involved in a business venture, a local organization, a creative endeavor, or in the corporate world? Please share!
- I am a Physical Therapist that has post-doctoral training in pelvic and women’s health. I am very passionate about helping new moms or experienced moms understand and improve the function of their pelvic floors and core. Our bodies experience so much during pregnancy and child birth. I tell women that what they are experiencing is common but NOT NORMAL!!
How has this community been instrumental in getting you to where you are now?
- The women of the community really guided me on what the common needs are of new moms and how I should set up my postpartum “bootcamp”.
What is the best advice for juggling mommyhood and running a business (or volunteering, working, etc)?
- I have learned to not feel guilty. Don’t have guilt that my child is in daycare. No guilt that I have to miss some Saturdays with him to work at the hospital. No guilt if dad is the one putting him down at night. We are all trying to figure this new role out! Finding a group of supportive moms is KEY! We must stick together no matter what our role looks like.
What would you tell the old “You” before you had kids?
- Start saving money NOW!! These tiny humans are expensive!! Also, your life is about to get WAY better.
What is your proudest mommy moment?
· Every time that someone comes up to me and tells me what a beautiful boy he is or how happy he seems I beam with pride. Also, him thriving so much even though he was a preemie makes me so proud!
Greatest gift about being a mom?
· When he looks at me and comes in for a slobbery kiss or just snuggles up and falls asleep.
Best mom hack that makes momming easier?
· Be prepared for the worst! I made the mistake 1time not having enough change of clothes or diapers. Never again.
What’s your favorite part about what you do?
· When my patient tells me that they are able to have sex without pain again or play with their kids with no leaking. Pelvic therapy is not an easy process to go through to most. I pride myself on making the process as easy as possible!
What is your favorite thing to do in the HKA area?
- Enjoy the outside when it’s cooler. The trails and woods are amazing!