Meet A Mom: Erin Hines, She is the owner and teacher at Kingwood’s Pure Barre!
She is so down to earth and truly cares about everyone’s well being. If you have any questions, go talk with Erin.
You don’t have to be fit or work out a ton to be able to do Pure Barre.
Where are you from originally and how long have you lived in Kingwood?
– I am originally from New England! We have been here in Houston for almost 9 years; hard to believe!
Child(ren) and Age(s)?
– Reagan, 6
– Tripp 2
One thing people would be surprised to know about you…
– I am a HUGE sports fan. I would much rather watch football on a Sunday with lots of food and family and friends than go to brunch and shop all day.
What is your go-to activity for yourself for pampering or for fun?
– I love going out to a nice restaurant with my husband, Ken. What I love even more is roaming around Homegoods …. alone.
Funniest shortcut/routine for helping you through parenthood?
– Going to bed as EARLY AS I CAN!! Nobody wins when Momma’s sleep deprived.
Are you involved in a business venture, a local organization, a creative endeavor, or in the
corporate world? Please share!
– I own Pure Barre Kingwood – it is my sanctuary
How has this community been instrumental in getting you to where you are now?
– I think it’s imperative women support one another. We’re expected to parent like we don’t have a job and work like we don’t have children. Knowing you have a support system of women out there who frequent the struggle bus like you do is tremendously comforting.
What is the best advice for juggling mommyhood and running a business (or volunteering,
-Wherever you are, be there.
What would you tell the old “You” before you had kids?
– Life isn’t about things, it’s about experiences. Put down the designer jeans … you have to pay your rent.
What is your proudest mommy moment?
– Watching my kids turn into people. People with opinions, passions, fears … its amazing.
What is your favorite thing to do in the HKA area?
-Spend as much time outside as possible in our backyard and checking out new places to eat!